Monday, February 11, 2008

Weight Loss Competition

When I care, how I look can effect my mood and imagination. The family has started a Weight Loss Competition. Actually two: one on each side of the family. We decided to loose a percentage and maintain for 4-6 months. We put in money for a prize reward going to those who have kept their goal.

I've found that my favorite workout so far is "Dance Baby Dance" a dvd for the postnatal mom to dance with baby. Boo loves to watch it with me. Not dance to it. I can get her to dance occasionally. Little Bay on the other hand, loves to dance with me! It almost puts her to sleep, but she doesn't want to be put down.

I'm a nursing mommy so I am starving a lot of the time. To loose this weight, I have made a goal. I eat MORE! haha. No, it’s true. I have five eating times a day...or six. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and then maybe a snack. It’s basically the girls eating schedule. The goal is that during these times I EAT. Even if I'm busy, I take a moment to remember that I NEED to eat, or I will be hungry and eat without thinking. This way, I am THINKING about what I eat before I'm starving. I have some healthy choices handy and I grab them to eat usually while I'm getting the girls food. It's been great because I have to think about food, which makes me NOT think about food as much. Sounds odd, but it's working for me.

No comments: