Monday, February 11, 2008

A Great Man




I'd like to express my love and admiration to a great man who passed away this month.

President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Gordon B. Hinckley. I am certain the reunion in the heavens is great. Especially with his dear little wife.


It reminds me of the poem from Hospice, to paraphrase, as a large ship is going over the horizon, people on this side are saying "there he goes," while those on the other side are saying, HERE HE COMES!

2 comments:

AM said...

What if they didn't make it to the same level?
I am serious, I am wondering how that works...

The Burnah Clan said...

Good question. Of course I don't know God's judgments yet, but as in the case of all good people we love, I have a hope, a faith, and a pretty good idea that these two will be together in the next life.

But that is not an answer to your question. Here is a general answer to your question (you have to copy and paste): http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bbd508f54922d010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=d1ef9daac5d98010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____

You can search that website for other questions and more detailed answers. The site is LDS church sponsored so you can rely on it for accurate information about church doctrine, instead of mere opinion, gossip, and ideas.
Feel free to also ask me for more explanations.