Monday, February 11, 2008

Christmas 2007

Christmas 2007 we decided to exchange gifts that expressed a service to one another. I really enjoyed doing this! For my husband I attempted a quilt from his old t-shirt logos. By no means do I sew, but I have a hand me down machine that I occupy myself with and I did manage to get the thing pieced together. I wanted it to have a theme (guess I like themes). I randomly searched the internet and found this nice lady to machine embroider the first two lines of Robert Browning’s poem: Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be!

My husband loved the quilt, poorly made as it was.
For me he made a photo montage tribute to ME! I loved it! We watched it on his laptop during Christmas breakfast. The most meaningful part was the music he chose. He divided the slideshow into themes: my adventures, my creativity, me as a mother, and me as his wife. Very sweet. (a little self-conscious watching a tribute to oneself)

Here is where an interesting thing happened. One of the songs he chose, a song he had not heard before he chose it: Peter Brienholt's "God Bless this Love" begins with the first two lines of Robert Browning’s poem: Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be!




No comments: