Monday, December 14, 2009

tradition...some more...

...the mall Santa..."okay everyone, on the count of 3, look in a different direction, but NOT at the camera!"

After a family dinner out, where my first born L explained to the waitress that her sister was using the potty and that "she is still going," then later asked if "that big girl went to the potty" too, meaning the waitress...

...we had a lovely evening at Salt Lake Temple Square. My second born, M loves beauty and love, she gravitates towards it, when she sees anything loving or beautiful she can not stay away or resist touching or gazing. Some quotes of the night from M:

We told her we were on our way to the Temple, the house of the Lord. We had to confirm over and over again that 'yes, mommy and daddy were married there...yes, mommy put on her pretty dress, no she didn't dance inside the Temple with Daddy, her prince, but outside, sure!' And we told her that we would see the Christus, the big statue of Jesus. This seemed to make her a little nervous. We explained that Jesus is very loving and not scary. She asked if she could bring her doll. I heard her whispering to her doll:
"Baby, you will not be scared, and I will not be scared..."


The whole way there we heard at every tall, decorated building:
"Is this Jesus' house? Is this Jesus' house?" over and over again...
"Are we going to see Jesus?" (yes... for the hundredth time...)
"Jesus had a hurt food and hand. When I had a scar, I had a hurt on it, when I was Jesus..." Hmm?


Finally we got out of the car, M ran down the sidewalk:
"We are running to see Jesus!" (that's the attitude, kid!)
"Are we going to see Baby Jesus? Are we going to see Baby Jesus?" over and over again...
"I think Jesus is coming out of His house to see us! We need to see Jesus!"
"And there is Snow Whites tower!" pointing to the Temple. (Okay, maybe we let the princess thing go a little too far)


And on the walk up to see the Christus:
"Lift me up so that I can see Jesus!" over and over again...
Finally, we get to the Christus:
"Can I touch His big toe?"
"Can I touch his scar?"
"I just want to give him a big hug!"

...then, "will he give me a bell?"
And then I realized, she thought she was really going to see Him on this night. And was so excited about it. Yet nervous. And I told her that one day, she will be able to give Him a hug. The real Jesus. And that He does love her, very much.

11 comments:

Robin said...

That makes me cry! And the funny thing is when you write what she says it sounds like a two year old would not really say sentences that way but she really does.

The Burnah Clan said...

yes she does! It's so cute, she is so proper when she talks!

Holly Burnah said...

Aww- how sweet.

yardsalesrock said...

Yes she is and we just love her so so much! That made me cry too! And L is priceless......

The Williams Family said...

That is way too cute! And I love the email Christmas card idea!

Unknown said...

SO sweet!!

Nicole said...

What a fun night!! I love it!!

MarciK said...

Thank you for sharing this experience. Children truly are "an heritage of the Lord". Have a Merry Christmas!

hairprincess said...

I love that you put Temporary home song on yours, isnt that the best song?? I love it, I wana bawl everytime I hear it, for more reasons then one! I just realized I didnt comment on this post, I love it, cutest girls ever, I love all the comments kids say its so funny!

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

I love the email Card idea... I love M's comments, made me cry too! I love all your girls! So sincere. Makes me want to have more! :) I also love L' face on New Years! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

m is so clever! i love that she gravitates to love and beauty, i don't know what that says about me considering how much she disliked me! haha!
cousin olivia x