Thursday, November 26, 2009

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving

This is a FABULOUS thanksgiving video called In the Spirit of Thanksgiving...I love it when he sings "If I were a rich man" from Fiddler on the Roof...haha...
...so here is how we concluded our Family Nights Gratitude Tree project. My friend Marci gave us the AWESOME idea to plant a tree that would grow and we'd always remember it and give thanks...and that is what I really really really wanted to do. In fact, our new home has zero trees and that would have been sooo perfect...except that it's winter...hmm, so we went more simple. The girls made cookies and painted thank you cards and we took them to their Sunday School teachers. They were sooo excited to do this too. That made it worthwhile.

5 comments:

hairprincess said...

Cute cute girls! Fun thanksgiving!:)

Robin said...

That is such a good idea! I love the tree on the door too!

Sheffers said...

Great Idea, love the tree! Your girls are so cute.

The Williams Family said...

Ditto what everyone said! Ooh, and I love the music on your blog!

Holly Burnah said...

Ahh- cute and good idea. You're such a good little mommy!