Thursday, August 14, 2008

touring...the Dominican Republic...

...I served a church mission in La Republica Dominicana...and returned there this past week with my husband, my sister and her husband. I was in Florida already and it was just too close, I had to go back! nervous as I was! with not much time. would I remember my Spanish? would I find old friends?
...we stayed our first night in a Marriot...then housing at the only Temple in the Caribbean...see our small orange rental car...it was so FUN to drive around in the DR! ...
...we visited old places (oldest town in the Americans, mansion of Christopher Columbus' brother)

...some things hadn't changed...some things had...Bachata was still heard all around!...


...we saw places I'd never seen before like Aguas Blancas near Constanza...
...beautiful mountains, the tallest peak in the Caribbean...agriculture...
...and of course, it's all about the food, right? soooo good...La Bandera...avacado, mangos...


...but no...it's all about the people.



See here for a couple of videos and some more pics!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, looks like so much fun! going back is the best... glad you had such a great time, love the pics!

Nicole said...

So fun!

Unknown said...

how wonderful! I love going back to my mission, and how fun to go with your spouse.

Beautiful pictures!

Linds said...

Wow, you guys were busy! It looks like it was a great trip, and while looking at all the pictures I'm thinking "it's much easier to travel without kids!" I'm glad you two took a trip for yourselves and had such a good time!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

No way! I still can't believe that you were really there! It all seems like a dream to me! I just love all the pictures...it brings back so many memories and feelings! We need to get together soon so that you can fill me in on all the details!!! I'm glad you had fun...what an awesome experience!

Da Denninghoff's said...

Way to make memories! So fun

Anonymous said...

It was our pleasure, we'd have you over again anytime! We had a blast, and a great tour guide in the DR too... good music touch too! Oh, no more mickey sucker! :( hehe
Miss and Love you guys!!

hairprincess said...

Wow that looks like so much fun! Next time I wana come!:)

Jarad said...

Looks like so much fun! We're really jealous and can't wait to see more of the world and more of you all. -JJ&C

Rachel Murdock said...

That's so cool you got to go back to your mission. That must have been fun to have more freedom to tour around, and you could be with your favorite companion of all!